ME

ME

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas/My Crazy Husband


Hello Everyone,

Well the semester has ended and I am still alive. I had so many goals for my Christmas break…clean, cook, get crazy organized, and all that good stuff. I have yet to really get involved in any of that. What I have managed to do is catch up on my couch and sleep time. O well baby steps. I’m sure I’ll be a week out from spring semester and make all of those things happen.  “Fingers Crossed”…moving on.

So as we approach a new year, I like everyone else have set goals. The usual get healthy and wake up feeling like a VS model is on the list of course. However the most important one is to SAVE! So, like the good wife that I am, I decided to share this with my husband. He however got very carried away. We now how several spreadsheets detailing how we will spend each and every penny we make. :/ This wouldn’t be such a bad thing, except I like to shop a little.  Today, I walked into the kitchen only to find my husband freezing our credit card. No…he didn’t call the company…he took out a Rubbermaid bowl, filled it with water, placed our credit card in it, and then proceeded to place it in the freezer. Puzzled, I asked what the heck he was doing. His response…”this will make it harder for us to use it. Now we’ll have to thaw it out. You’ll have to ask yourself…do I really need this.” I wasn’t sure whether to scold him, laugh, or snatch it and run away. Now that I don’t have it, there are so many things I need/want! Dang it. No more Sephora hauls, or walking out of Target on a high. What am I going to do with my life! Unfortunately, Anthony will be deploying soon. I usually shop to cope. I guess I’m going to have to actually read my text this semester to stay busy. On a good note if all goes well, we will have a good amount set aside and I’ll be able to watch Suze Orman again without feeling terribly guilty.

I hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas. I will be praying for all the families in Connecticut who aren’t able to be with their little ones this year. "May God bring them peace" I will also be praying for the troops overseas. I ask you all to do this same. XO


No comments:

Post a Comment